The rules for my blog

  • 1.Please Do Not Be Racist, Sexist etc
  • 2.Please Do Not Add Any Explicit Materials To This Blog
  • 3.Please Do not use to much slang
  • 4.Please Keep Comments Understandable
  • 5.Please feel free To Add Comments

3ds MAX Annimation

Monday, November 19, 2007

Interview With William Wallace

An artists rendition of William Wallace

An artists rendition of William Wallace

Well I’m here interviewing famous Scottish patriot and commander SIR William Wallace.

So William when were you born?


“Well I was born 1272 in Elderslie (A map of Elderslie), Scotland”

Well I’m sure you know but it is said that you are one of the most famous Scots in history, how does that feel?

“I’m overwhelmed really; I didn’t do all that I did for recondition I did it to save the country I love from oppression.”

When you were a child did you ever think that one day you would be leading the Scotland on the way to independence.

“Well no, not really. When I was a child I saw how people were treated, and deep down I knew that it wasn’t right but I never thought that one day I would be marching into battle to try and change it.

So how did that battle for independence begin?

“It began when in May 1297; my wife Marion Braidfute of Lamington was killed by William Heselrig, the English Sheriff of Lanark. Then after that I achieved victory in skirmishes at Loudoun Hill (near Darvel, Ayrshire) and Ayr; I also fought alongside Sir William Douglas the Hardy at Scone, routing the English justiciar, William Ormesby. I helped to free towns such as Aberdeen, Perth, Glasgow, Scone, Dundee, and all lands north of the Firth of Forth.”

A famous battle you fought in was the “The Battle of Stirling Bridge” can you tell us any more about that?

“Well it was 11 September 1297.Although I was vastly outnumbered, the Scottish forces led by myself and Andrew Moray routed the English army. The Earl of Surrey's professional army of 3,000 cavalry and 10,000 infantry met disaster as they crossed over to the north side of the river. The narrowness of the bridge prevented many soldiers from crossing together possibly as few as three men abreast, so while the English soldiers crossed, we held back until half of them had passed and then we killed them as quickly as they could cross.”

A year later you lost the Battle of Falkirk how did that feel

“I was devastated I felt as if I had failed, so I gave up my position as Guardian of Scotland in favor of Robert the Bruce”

Thank you for your time.

No comments: